WHAT WE DO
We and our more than 400 volunteers create and participate in activities that raise awareness of needs in the Belmont, MA community, raise funds to meet those needs and spread joy and brightness all around town.
All proceeds are donated to Belmont Helps!
Four year-old Maeve explains what life was like before COVID-19 and then describes how everything has changed. Written by a grandmother and mother duo, this book uses examples from Maeve's day-to-day life with her mom and favorite stuffed animal. The story encourages young children and grown-ups to talk about how COVID-19 has impacted them and their feelings, and reminds children about all the people working to keep them safe and happy.
Local authors, Roxy and Katie Leeson are generously offering their proceeds to Belmont Helps!
Homemade masks by Belmont's Chris Kochem ~ proceeds donated to Belmont Helps!
Hand-made, 100% cotton masks*
$10 each or 3 for $25
Boston sports teams are $12 each or 3 or $30
* Intended for general, non-medical purposes. Not intended for use by health care professionals. Not intended for use in a healthcare facility or environment.
Masks are washable and adjustable and are available in Adult, Small Adult/Teen, and four Child/Toddler sizes.
Adult and Teen masks are made with a nose wire. Children’s sizes with nose wires made on request.
What we've done
- Helped deliver 1,000,000 school and senior citizen meals since September
- Average $600 per week spend on food needs
- Supported >40 Belmont restaurants with >$1,000 raised from patrons
- >4,500 volunteer-made masks distributed
- Secured >90 vaccination appointments for teachers and school staff
- >100 residents participated in Belmont Together Talent Show
- ~500 pumpkins composted following Halloween